Jars of Clay is the christian section of the NaijaWriter where issues concerning Christianity are discussed. Today, we examine parts of Jesus’ life that are not as widely known as his healing, prayer and sacrifice.
Jesus, Son of God, Son of Man, born of a virgin, trained as a carpenter, fed thousands, forgive his murderers, died and rose again.
But that is not all.
Jesus also dined with rich men, turned water into wine, cursed the fig tree and more.
Here are 9 things you probably didn’t know about him.
1. He owned gold and had a treasurer. (Matt 2:11, John 12:6)
2. He dined with rich rulers. (Luke 19:5)
3. He received offerings. (Luke 8:3)
4. He approved of tithing. (Matt 23:23)
5. He forgave adulterers and prostitutes. (John 8: 11)
6. He used force when necessary. (Mark 11:14, John 2:15).
7. He liked new things. ( Lk 1:27, Lk 19:30)
He was born from a Virgin womb, rode on a new donkey, dined in a new room, lay in a new tomb, rose to a new throne.
8. He never turned anyone away.
He welcomed children, sick people, people with mental illness, people with questionable past. All. He never turned anyone away.
9. He is alive today.
Inasmuch as his life on earth is inspiring and inspiring